VeronicaHatesCheatingheroes

Veronica will tell you what goodre@ds will not

About

Hi! I’m Veronica from Queensland and you can find me in goodreads posting rants on books. I created this blog to provide information about books that prestigious sites such as Goodreads, Kirkus reviews and Common sense Media are not telling you regarding the erotic content of books marketed for underage readers and other problematic issues. I’ll mention Sarah J. Maas books because her Empire of Storms and the A court of Mist and Fury contain explicit scenes, (non-fade to black)  of fellatio and cunnilingus and still they are marketed as appropiate for under age readers. The information of erotic content on books marketed for underage readers isn’t widely known and I’ll lay the information out there so parents and readers can make informed decisions about reading or buying a certain book.

I might also rant about my biggest trigger in Romance books: Cheating.

This isn’t a call for authors to stop writing whatever they want.

This isn’t a call for you to attack authors whose works I really enjoy.

This is a call for honest reviews and precise information that serves us the readers and not the agenda of publishing companies.

I’ll praise the reviewers (booktubers or casual reviewers) who give people information that the publishing industry would prefer not let people know. Thank you for your honest reviews!

SPOILER ALERT!

Erotic@ Authors Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick write date rape

Paper Princess - Erin Watt, Elle Kennedy, Jen Frederick

TRIGGER FOR DATE RAPE VICTIMS
I hate when this happens. When everyone loves a book that I don't. I hate being minority. I signed up to goodreads to fangirl over books with other people, to like the five star reviews and ignore the haters.

description

I love when all my friends read the same book and love it as much as I did.

I hate to rate this book. A lot of my goodreads friends have LOVED IT! And I can see why. For the most part of the book I loved it, too. Then the twist happens and everyone still loves the book, but I don't. I'm left outside. So, yeah it sucks to be minority.

description

I hate giving bad ratings. I'd rather not finish a book than give a bad rating. However if in other occassions I prefer not to post a review or even a rating because
a) I don't want to waste more time than the book deserves
or

b)I can't pinpoint what I didn't like,

In this case I think I have to warn other readers who might have the same problem than I have. If you are warned, you might enjoy the book more than I did. In addition, I can tell when the book was ruined FOR ME. If you are warned of what you will find you might even give a 5 star rating, that I think the authors deserve because for the most part their book is not bad.

I think everyone will love this book way more than I do. People should give it a try. The authors have a way with words and for the majority of the book I THOUGHT THIS WAS FANTASTICLY compelling and AWESOME, I never considered not finishing it because the emotions, the characters, the journey were so good that I just couldn't put the book down. I would recommend this book to anyone who isn't a freak like me: A freak who has a high sensibility on hero having sexual activity of any kind with other women.

description

Why? Oh Why? Can't authors think of another way to create drama? Everything was going so well, then that twist. IIt ruins the sequels for me. I asked a refund from amazon and I'm not continuing with the series. Again that's me. I'm extremely sensitive to disloyal heroes
I wish there had been a warning for that twist. I hate hate hate hate when the authors write sexual content, date rape and disloyal heroes without a warning.

This is also a NA book marketed as YA. I'm okay with sex scenes, actually I get bored if a NA book doesn't have at least a bit of sexual tension and I prefer self-published authors because they cross the YA/NA boundaries more often than traditional published books. I just think the ethical thing to do is to warn the readers that there's sex in the book so people who like sex will buy it, and people who prefer "clean" reads stay away. Readers under 18 should stay clear from this book as it contains sexual content, language, date rape and dubious consent.

This book reminded me of Tijan's fallen crest series, except the twist I mentioned. I think that I wouldn't have hated the ending as much as I did if I haven't been so involved with Ella and Reed. If you don't mind  edgy content and you like Tiijan give this book a try. If you hate dark contet in books labeled as YA then this book might not be for you.